OMAP baseline test results for v3.7-rc1

Paul Walmsley paul at pwsan.com
Tue Oct 30 10:04:24 EDT 2012

On Tue, 30 Oct 2012, Paul Walmsley wrote:

> Based on a very quick look, I'd say the original patch 3db11fe is broken.
> I don't see how it can ensure that its PM_QOS_CPU_DMA_LATENCY request is
> honored when CONFIG_CPU_IDLE=n. CONFIG_CPU_IDLE=n is the default for
> omap2plus_defconfig.

So in fact to follow up on this, looks like one of two changes are needed:

1. Revert 3db11fe

or

2. If CONFIG_CPU_IDLE=n, the driver needs to call disable_hlt() in place
of the pm_qos constraint add, and call enable_hlt() in place of the pm_qos
constraint remove.

Jean, could you please pick a solution and send a patch for the 3.7-rc
timeframe, to fix the bug in 3db11fe?
?

- Paul