OMAP baseline test results for v3.7-rc1

Paul Walmsley paul at pwsan.com
Fri Oct 26 18:03:11 EDT 2012

Hi Felipe,

On Fri, 26 Oct 2012, Felipe Balbi wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 01:12:12PM +0300, Felipe Balbi wrote:

> > > I could not reproduce the issue, with and without CPU_IDLE enabled.
> > > What puzzles me is that the PM QoS code only has influence on the
> > > states chosen by cpuidle, so the change should not have any impact
> > > with CPU_IDLE enabled. I reallt need to reproduce the issue.
> > > Let me try with the same setup as yours (bootloader images,
> > > omap2pus_defconfig, angstrom roots).
> >
> > I just sent a patch to fix a bug I found on OMAP4 panda but while
> > reading this thread again, I think it could be that it's the same bug
> > which is just easier to reproduce on Paul's setup.
> >
> > Paul, Aaro, can you see if [1] makes the problem go away ? that would be
> > another reason to push [1] during this -rc cycle.
> >
> > [1] http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=135115602407925&w=2

Thanks for mentioning it, but this patch doesn't fix the I2C timeout
problem here.  Log fragment below from the 3530ES3 Beagle.

- Paul

Starting portmap daemon: portmap.
Tue Jul 22 00:18:00 UTC 2008
[   23.476684] omap_i2c omap_i2c.1: timeout waiting for bus ready
[   24.492309] omap_i2c omap_i2c.1: timeout waiting for bus ready
[   24.495574] twl: i2c_read failed to transfer all messages
[   24.498535] twl_rtc: Could not read TWLregister D - error -110
[   24.501800] twl_rtc twl_rtc: twl_rtc_read_time: reading CTRL_REG, error
-110
INIT: Entering runlevel: 5