IMX breaking Versatile Express build

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Tue Oct 23 05:08:05 EDT 2012

The latest Versatile Express specific build is failing due to:

arch/arm/mach-imx/built-in.o: In function `imx_cpu_die':
platform-imx-dma.c:(.text+0x1624): undefined reference to `imx_enable_cpu'
arch/arm/mach-imx/built-in.o: In function `imx_boot_secondary':
platform-imx-dma.c:(.cpuinit.text+0x14): undefined reference to `imx_set_cpu_jump'
platform-imx-dma.c:(.cpuinit.text+0x20): undefined reference to `imx_enable_cpu'

Config:

http://www.home.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/build/file.php?type=config&idx=2464

This does not seem to have any IMX support selected.

Thanks to the reduced default configuration files, Kconfig is deciding to
select the new MULTI_* options on these target specific Kconfigs, which
may have some reason as to the above.

However, even so, we should _not_ be seeing such build failures.  It looks
to me like platform-imx-dma is missing some kind of dependency.