OMAP baseline test results for v3.7-rc2

Paul Walmsley paul at pwsan.com
Mon Oct 22 14:35:05 EDT 2012

(including the lists in my reply this time, oops; also adding some more
detail)

On Mon, 22 Oct 2012, Jon Hunter wrote:

> On 10/20/2012 04:26 PM, Paul Walmsley wrote:
>
> > Failing tests: fixed by posted patches
> > --------------------------------------
> >
> > Boot tests:
> >
> > * AM335x Beaglebone: omap2plus_defconfig kernels don't boot
> >   - due to a GPMC bug
> >   - Apparently fixed by http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg200787.html
>
> This is now addressed and I have verified it is booting on v3.7-rc2. The
> following patch address this boot problem ...
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=8119024ef7363591fd958ec89ebfaee7c18209e3

Great, thanks, will update the README.  Did you also enable
CONFIG_ARM_APPENDED_DTB and CONFIG_ARM_ATAG_DTB_COMPAT, or were you able
to pass the DTB from the bootloader?

> > * 4460pandaes: boot fails early
> >   - Appears to be timer-related
>
> I tried v3.7-rc2 on my pandaES and it is booting fine for me.
>
> I have an OMAP4460 ES1.1 and u-boot release 2012.10.

Tony's reporting the same thing so maybe this is a bootloader problem.
Just sent you the bootloader/MLO from my board here, maybe you can give it
a quick test if you have a moment.  Probably the kernel is implicitly
assuming that the bootloader has enabled something.

> I don't wish to create more work for you, but it could be good to add
> silicon revision, u-boot release (if applicable)

These can be found by clicking through the link at the top of the message.
In this case:

http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.7-rc2/20121020134755/

Click on 'boot' and '4460pandaes'

> and toolchain used for any failures.

This would indeed be useful and will try to figure out a good way to add
that information.

- Paul