[Celinux-dev] PDF documentation

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Oct 17 06:12:44 EDT 2012

Dear Tim,

In message <507DA84A.2080904 at am.sony.com> you wrote:

> Several years ago, CELF tried to add a similar capability to
> MoinMoin (the ability to take arbitrary page lists, and
> automatically publish them to PDF).  Unfortunately, it didn't
> work very well.  The tools to produce PDF were pretty bad back then.

We use Foswiki for capabilities like this.  Note that I definitely
don't want to start a "my wiki is better than your wiki" religous war
here ;-)

> It sounds like the tools have improved since we did this, and
> maybe we should look again and see if there's something similar
> we could add to the elinux wiki.

You are using mediawiki - there appear to be such solutions as well,
see for example
http://www.blue-spice.org/de/produkte/packages/bookmaker/
Sorry, this is in German only, and no free software.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"He only drinks when he gets depressed." "Why does he get depressed?"
"Sometimes it's because he hasn't had a drink."
                                     - Terry Pratchett, _Men at Arms_