dts: question about how to configure PIO used as i2c irq

Bo Shen voice.shen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 22:53:55 EDT 2012

Hi All,
   When moving atmel qt1070 linux driver with DT support. The atmel
qt1070 is an I2C device. I meet the following questions.

   The qt1070 DT node
   --<--------------
   qt1070: keyboard at 1b {
         compatible = "atmel,qt1070";
         reg = <0x1b>;
         interrupt-parent = <&pioA>;
         interrupts = <7 0x0>;
   };
   -->--------------

   DT will parse this node and map irq, the i2c_client->irq. This can be
used directly in atmel qt1070 driver. However, the PIO which used as irq
need configure as a PIO input. Now, we can not use irq_to_gpio()
function to convert irq to gpio. So, if we can not configure this gpio.

   If we configure the pio in board-dt.c, I think this is not a good
place. For example, if the kernel image support multiplatform, while on
these platform, using different pio for qt1070, so this will cause only
one platform can use qt1070.

   So, for this question, how should I solve it? Would you please give
me some advice?