[RFC] Common clock framework for external clock generators

Sebastian Hesselbarth sebastian.hesselbarth at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 12:16:39 EDT 2012

On 10/14/2012 01:13 PM, Daniel Mack wrote:
> I think the sub-node style above it nicer because it allows referencing
> the individual clocks outputs with a phandle. We use this chip to
> generate base-frequencies for audio clocks, and so we have to switch
> between two freqs for the multiples of 22.5KHz and 24KHz at runtime.

Both examples allow you to have a phandle for all individual clock-outputs.
The examples weren't complete but with the sub-node style you'll reference
with e.g. <&clkout0> while the flat one will use <&si5351 0>. I still prefer
the flat-style as it will not allow to have a phandle of plls.

Sebastian