alignment faults in 3.6

Måns Rullgård mans at mansr.com
Thu Oct 11 06:20:10 EDT 2012

Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet at gmail.com> writes:

> [...]

The thread starts here:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-arm-kernel&m=134939228120020

by the ARM ABI rules, and this causes traps to the unaligned access
fault handler.  A recent change makes the kernel print "scheduling while
atomic" warnings on some of these traps, which may or may not be
benign.  Either way, this is bad for performance and should be fixed one
way or another.

--
Måns Rullgård
mans at mansr.com