Booting vanilla kernel on the beaglebone

Richard Cochran richardcochran at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 12:47:16 EDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 04:27:03PM +0000, N, Mugunthan V wrote:

> I have implemented the CPTS hardware clock and will be submitting the
> patches soon to TI's kernel repo and also planning to submit the patches
> to Mainline kernel mailing lists soon.

I did see the stuff you added into arago for the DM814x, but it didn't
look correct to me.

Anyhow, I went ahead and wrote my own from stratch, based on the
AM335XPSP_04.06.00.08 branch, and it is working well. So go ahead and
post your driver, and I'll post mine, and we can go from there.

Right now, I can't for the life of me get a mainline kernel to boot on
the beaglebone, so I think we should focus on getting the mainline
support on the am335x stable before adding new drivers.

Thanks,
Richard