usb: uhci-platform driver fails after patch changes during merge

Greg KH gregkh at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Oct 4 13:52:35 EDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 05, 2012 at 06:42:03AM +1300, Tony Prisk wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-10-04 at 07:26 -0700, Greg KH wrote:

> > > Greg,
> > >
> > > This message was intended for you rather than Mike. Could you clarify
> > > what happened and the expected resolution?
> >
> > I don't know, this should be directed at the person who made the change
> > that is causing the problem, and the linux-usb at vger.kernel.org mailing
> > list.
> >
> > Who changed the patch?  What patch exactly are you referring to?  Who
> > signed off on it?  Where was it discussed?
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > greg k-h

> Greg,
>
> Thats the problem I have - I can't track where the changes came from.
>
> The commit details show:
>
> author
> Tony Prisk
> <linux at prisktech.co.nz>
>

> Sat, 21 Jul 2012
> 10:58:53 +0000 (22:58
> +1200)
> committer
> Greg Kroah-Hartman
> <gregkh at linuxfoundation.org>
>

> Thu, 16 Aug 2012
> 21:00:37 +0000 (14:00
> -0700)
> commit
> 100d45970327f78584ff4846deeca14bba511e28
>
> But this file -
> drivers/usb/host/uhci-platform.c
>
> isn't the version I supplied in the patchset. There are no other commits
> against it so I assume it was changed before it was committed.

No, this commit matches up exactly with the email I got from you with
which looks to be the patch I applied here.  The diffstat matches up
exactly with that email.

Do you see that as well?

You should have gotten an automated email response from me when the
patch was applied, with the patch in it.  My email system doesn't keep
those around, but you should have it somewhere, so you could compare it
to the commit in Linus's tree now, right?  Does it match up?

If I accidentally applied the incorrect patch (note, this looks like
it was version 4 of the patch, was there a later version that I
missed?), please feel free to send an add-on patch that fixes up any
errors.

thanks,

greg k-h