Help building 3.x kernel for AT91SAM9x5

Bryan Evenson bevenson at melinkcorp.com
Mon Nov 26 17:09:46 EST 2012

Offline I was directed to this set of instructions: http://www.eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/AT91SAM9x5.  With this I'm able to build a set of files that boots on the SAM9G25-EK from the SD card.  I'm now trying to modify the steps to boot from NAND flash and I'm having problems.

I have the kernel setup so that it outputs a uImage file suitable for booting from NAND flash and burned it to flash just like I have in the past.  During boot, I get the following output:

    NAND read: device 0 offset 0x200000, size 0x250000
     2424832 bytes read: OK
    ## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 22000000 ...
       Image Name:   Linux-3.7.0-rc5-armv5-x0.10
       Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
       Data Size:    1770360 Bytes = 1.7 MiB
       Load Address: 20008000
       Entry Point:  20008000
       Verifying Checksum ... OK
    OK

    Starting kernel ...

    Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.

... and then the system hangs.  At this point I'm at a loss as to what is failing.  My assumption is there is something device tree related that is not properly loaded onto flash, but since I have not worked with the device tree setup before I don't know what to check.  Any help (even redirection to a more appropriate list) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan