Woody Wu narkewoody at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 02:40:42 EST 2012

Hi, Jello

It's a little strange that your reply not appear on the list (at least
at this moment).

Firstly thank you so much for the suggestion.  But you know, this old
file system is working for a old 2.6 kernel, which was not built by me.
Hence I can see, this file system is okay for at least that version of
kernel.

For the situation, I want to try something from two directions:
1. Is there possible something missed from the kernel side? Any
suggestion?
2. Because it resulted in a kernel panic message, I have no good way to
trace it.  Can I run something else (init=) from the root file system to
gather more information about the file system?  So, how can I play with
the "init=" parameter to help for the case?

Thanks in advance.

-woody