OMAP build now completely broken in latest arm-soc

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Mon Nov 26 01:00:38 EST 2012

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 6:07 AM, Russell King - ARM Linux
<linux at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 05:56:58AM -0800, Olof Johansson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 1:37 AM, Russell King - ARM Linux
>> <linux at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
>> > Not much more to say...
>> >
>> > arch/arm/plat-omap/i2c.c:35:1: error: expected identifier or '(' before '<<' token
>>
>> Hmm. In for-next, line 35 is a blank line.
>>
>> Could this be because of a merge conflict in your local version? This
>> is one of the files that has conflicts with mainline right now; I'll
>> look to see if we can resolve those in our tree later today.
>
> Hmm, it looks like a merge conflict which didn't get fixed up... and
> looking at it, it's beyond what I'd call trivial to fix.
>
> So I'll shut down the build system until that can be resolved properly;
> as OMAP is effectively unbuildable there's not much point it running the
> builds.

Tony, Tomi,

I've taken a stab at resolving these conflicts. They seem to come from
the cleanups combined with fixes that went upstream, and it seems like
we want to stick to the arm-soc versions for most of the conflicts.

I've pushed a merge of 3.7-rc7 into next/cleanup (and for-next) of
arm-soc, can you please check and see if this is the correct
resolution? As far as I can tell it is, but a double-check would be
appreciated.

Conflicts were in:

        arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_44xx_data.c
        arch/arm/plat-omap/i2c.c
        drivers/video/omap2/dss/dss.c

The hwmod data was trivial (include files). i2c was a little hairier,
a revert in mainline -- I presumed we're still good with our arm-soc
contents so I stuck close to what we had there. The DSS change seems
to be done completely differently in mainline, i.e. the surrounding
code is different to what we have in arm-soc today, and it looks like
the bugfix (3630-specific stuff) is taken care of in the version we
had. So I stuck to that.

But, please speak up ASAP if the above doesn't look correct, since we
want to fix it up before we merge much on top.

Thanks!

-Olof