Woody Wu narkewoody at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 04:19:53 EST 2012

Hi,

"Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
exitcode=0x0000000b"

I got above message when I am porting 3.4.19 to a s3c2410 board.  I
traced the execution path is: kernel_init() -> init_post() ->
run_init_process("/sbin/init") -> kernel_execve().

And, in the last function kernel_execve, the call of do_execve sucessed.
Then I see a piece of assembly code follows which I cannot understand.

That means, the root file system, which is mtdblock3 in my case, is
mounted and /sbin/init was started to execute, then I got the panic
message.

Is that possible that this is caused by the root file system instead of
the kernel? The root file system is a very old one that can run with an
old kernel 2.6.14.

Do you have any clue?  Thanks in advance!

--
woody
I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then.