KEXEC on ARM cortex-a15

Naresh Bhat nareshgbhat at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 09:27:10 EST 2012

Hi All,

I am trying to test KEXEC feature on Cortex-a15 architecture.

I am using Kernel.org v3.4 kernel, and a u-boot boot loader on
Daughterboard Site 1: V2P-CA15_A7 Cortex A15

My question is do I need to pass any ATAG related information from
u-boot to Kernel ?? If so what should I pass ??

Please,  help me to overcome from below error message.

Error Message:

I can see the below question on dmesg "No ATAGs ?"
CPU1: Unknown IPI message 0x1
Brought up 2 CPUs
SMP: Total of 2 processors activated (3981.31 BogoMIPS).
NET: Registered protocol family 16
No ATAGs?
hw-breakpoint: found 5 (+1 reserved) breakpoint and 4 watchpoint registers.
hw-breakpoint: maximum watchpoint size is 8 bytes.
Serial: AMBA PL011 UART driver

root at arm-cortex-a15:~#kexec -f /boot/uImage
--command-line="root=/dev/nfs rw ip=dhcp mmci.fmax=6000000 -serial
stdio console=ttyAMA0"
Cannot open /proc/atags: No such file orStarting new kernel
 directory
Bye!
Uncompressing Linux...

--