scheduler clock for MXS

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Tue Nov 6 15:20:38 EST 2012

On Tue, Nov 06, 2012 at 09:46:31PM +0800, Shawn Guo wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 06, 2012 at 09:34:39AM +0100, Stanislav Meduna wrote:
> > Shawn: could you try change the
> >   update_sched_clock();
> >   sched_clock_poll(sched_clock_timer.data);
> > right after update_sched_clock call in setup_sched_clock?
> >
> With the change, it still wraps at 2 seconds.

And there's no way that such a change could ever go into mainline; it
can mean that the timer is registered into the timer subsystem before
the timer subsystem has been initialised.  That's why we postpone that
part to time_init().

(And it has _always_ been intended that this sched_clock() implementation
would be usable by the time setup_arch() completes...)