vexpress issues in next-20121029

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Mon Nov 5 11:47:19 EST 2012

On Monday 05 November 2012, Pawel Moll wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-11-05 at 09:45 +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> > >
> > > The problem is still there - my builds of my tree plus arm-soc are
> > > continuing to fail with:
> > >
> > > arch/arm/mach-vexpress/built-in.o: In function `v2m_timer_init':
> > > reset.c:(.init.text+0xe0): undefined reference to `vexpress_clk_init'
> > > arch/arm/mach-vexpress/built-in.o: In function `v2m_dt_timer_init':
> > > reset.c:(.init.text+0x114): undefined reference to `vexpress_clk_of_init'
> > >
> > > My guess is you have a dependency between the clk-next tree and arm-soc
> > > which you haven't told the arm-soc people about.
> >
> > Oh, and the above seems to affect all my kautobuilds for any ARM Ltd
> > development platform - it's not just vexpress which is affected by this
> > anymore.
>
> I've just successfully built defconfigs for vexpress, versatile and
> realview with next-20121105 so I guess Arnd simply didn't have time last
> week (the Connect event) to sort out the arm-soc tree...
>
> Arnd, will you pull the vexpress-clk-soc (containing, as you suggested,
> the soc stuff rebased on top of the clk branch) or do you want me to do
> something else?

Sorry for not getting back to this earlier. It was indeed a very busy
week and I did not manage to pull in any branches.

I've just tried pulling in your branch again, but it appears unchanged:
The patches are still based on 807e45b328, which is a different commit
from bcd6f569e874 that is in Mike's tree. Please do as I asked you before
and rebase on top of the commit that you sent him, and make sure that
this is a commit that Mike never rebases.

	Arnd