[GIT PULL] DT clk binding support

Shawn Guo shawn.guo at linaro.org
Mon May 21 22:15:37 EDT 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 06:52:37PM -0500, Rob Herring wrote:
> As Grant states: "This proposed binding is only about one thing:
> attaching clock providers to clock consumers." This means you have to
> have at least a single provider and a single consumer defined in the DT.

I just read through Grant's comments over again.  I agree with the
statement which implicitly requires the clk provider defined in DT.
However, for some case, this provider in DT is just a skeleton which
is backed by clock driver where the provider is actually defined.

Looking at Grant's comment below, the second option is also to match
the clock in driver just using name.  The only difference to my
proposal is the name here is given by the argument of phandle pointing
to that skeleton provider node.

I'm fine with that.  So go ahead with your bindings.

Regards,
Shawn