Booting mx31 on linux-next-20120517

Dirk Behme dirk.behme at googlemail.com
Fri May 18 02:16:19 EDT 2012

On 18.05.2012 08:00, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 01:07:07AM -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:
>> initlevel:7=late, 20 registered initcalls
>> VFP support v0.3: implementor 41 architecture 1 part 20 variant b rev 2
>> turn off boot console earlycon
>>
>> How can we prevent the "turn off boot console earlycon" to happen?
> pass
>
> 	keep_bootcon
>
> as kernel parameter.

And you might want to check if console=ttymxc0 is correct. At least
some days back while I had a similar issue on i.MX6 it was just a
wrong console given at the command line.

The boot log you sent has

Serial: IMX driver

but unfortunately doesn't tell us which UART port is used (if there
are several at all like with i.MX6).

Best regards

Dirk