[RFC] pl08x: don't use dma_slave_config direction argument

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu May 17 06:42:50 EDT 2012

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 01:59:42PM +0200, Linus Walleij wrote:
> Maybe just rename this thing cctl_memcpy then?

I've just noticed that arm-soc contains this (eg):

struct pl08x_channel_data spear310_dma_info[] = {
        {
                .bus_id = "uart0_rx",
                .min_signal = 2,
                .max_signal = 2,
                .muxval = 0,
                .cctl = 0,
                .periph_buses = PL08X_AHB1,

So, changing .cctl to .cctl_memcpy breaks the compilation for all the spear
platforms.  Moreover, these explicit-zero initializers should not be here.
Even with these gone, one still remains in the spear6xx code for their
memcpy support.

Can we get these zero initializers killed for this merge window please.