moving Tegra30 to the common clock framework

Peter De Schrijver pdeschrijver at nvidia.com
Mon May 14 08:36:17 EDT 2012

On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 01:13:35PM +0200, Peter De Schrijver wrote:

> Ok. Thanks. One more question. We have some clocks with special features
> such as request lines for clock outputs, delays for clocks recovered from
> an external source or several divisors which are used based on the state
> of the module which is served by the clock (eg. an idle divisor and an active
> divisor). How should these be modelled?

One more thing: we have muxes where not all possible register values are
valid. I could make a special mux type which contains a mapping array, but
that doesn't seem like a good solution to me. Is there a reason why we don't
have a struct clk_parent like this:

struct clk_parents {
	char *name;
	struct clk *clk;
	int index;
}

where index is the value to be written to the hw to select that clock as a
parent. It would also avoid having to pass 2 arrays (name and clk pointer).

Cheers,

Peter.