[GIT PULL] ARM: OMAP2+: Add AM335x and AM3517/05 EVM DT support

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Sat May 12 13:15:04 EDT 2012

* Hiremath, Vaibhav <hvaibhav at ti.com> [120512 01:26]:
> On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 01:26:20, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > * Cousson, Benoit <b-cousson at ti.com> [120511 05:51]:
> > > Hi Tony,
> > >
> > > Here are some remaining DT patches I was not able to push at 3.4 due to some missing dependency.
> > > It applies now fine on top of lo/dt branch.
> >
> > It seems that there are still patches being discussed for those SoCs
> > and we're pretty much done for this merge window. So unless things
> > drag on to -rc8, I'd say we just need to postpone merging new things
> > and merge them early around -rc2.
> >

> Oops...
> It seems like I missed this merge window as well...

We can still queue these into linux-omap for testing as
soon as the patches are ready.

In general, for anything more intrusive we want to have
the patches sitting in linux-omap master branch and then
in linux-next for at least a week. Then merging them into
mainline tree is usually safe to do. The reason for this is
that mainline kernel is our stable tree, not our
development tree.

We just need to queue most of things between -rc2 and
-rc4 into the arm-soc tree, and have any issues fixed up
before the merge window. Trying to cram development
branches in around -rc6 just causes us a huge maintenance
nightmare trying to fix up things in the mainline tree
between -rc1 and -rc4.

Cheers,

Tony