oprofile and ARM A9 hardware counter

Jon Hunter jon-hunter at ti.com
Tue May 8 15:51:38 EDT 2012

On 05/08/2012 11:18 AM, Kevin Hilman wrote:
> "Cousson, Benoit" <b-cousson at ti.com> writes:
>
>> On 5/8/2012 4:00 PM, Kevin Hilman wrote:
>>> Jean Pihet<jean.pihet at newoldbits.com>  writes:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>>

>>> The idea I've suggested is to use runtime PM for this.  As long as the
>>> PMU is in use, it will be runtime PM enabled (and not allowed to go into
>>> HWSUP idle.)  When it is not used, it will be allowed to HWSUP idle, and
>>> then be reset.  The next time it is needed, the runtime resume will need
>>> to do a full re-init.
>>
>> Oh, but does that mean that this driver is not pm_runtime adapted yet?
>>

> Actually, it is.  Ming Lei has done it.
>
> Currently, Will has collected this[1] and is waiting (patiently) for us
> to produce a real fix that doesn't kill PM in the process.

I had to make a couple mods to Ming's patches but I do have something
working now that _should_ not break PM. However, per my previous email
CLKDM_CAN_XXXXXX_AUTO flags to know the correct way to fix this.

I was going to send out my patches, but I wanted to get some more
feedback on this first.

Cheers
Jon