Development tree for Cortex-A15?

Marc Zyngier marc.zyngier at arm.com
Thu May 3 10:56:35 EDT 2012

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/cmarinas/linux-arm-arch.git;a=summary

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/maz/arm-platforms.git;a=summary

>>>  But it seems the 2nd one is more up-to-date with KVM enablement while
>>>  it
>>>  doesn't have any support for the A15 VE board? And the 1st one
>> doesn't
>>>  support KVM on ARM with the ARMv7 virtualization extensions?
>>
>> First, my tree (the second one) does support the A15. Otherwise I'd
have
>> hard time testing my own code... Which branch are you looking at?
Please
>> note that the KVM branches in this tree are under heavy development,
and
>> are only suitable if you don't mind frequent rebases and regular
breakage
>> due to bleeding edge code.
>
> I'm currently on kvm-arm-v7-ael, because it looked like the most
> up-to-date one. Which one should I be using for Cortex-A15 support?

That branch is good enough, if you have a bleeding edge QEMU. Note that
the VE A15 support in that tree is DT only. I'm working on a v3.4 based one
at the moment, but that's not completely ready yet.

        M.
--
Fast, cheap, reliable. Pick two.