How to add GPIO outputs to the PXA2xx MFP configuration?

Igor Grinberg grinberg at compulab.co.il
Fri Mar 30 13:59:51 EDT 2012

On 03/30/12 18:52, Paul Parsons wrote:
> --- On Fri, 30/3/12, Igor Grinberg <grinberg at compulab.co.il> wrote:
>> On 03/30/12 18:06, Paul Parsons wrote:
>>> --- On Fri, 30/3/12, Igor Grinberg <grinberg at compulab.co.il>

>> GPIO105_CIF_DD_1).

>> (i.e. AF0

>> internally
>> is

>> MFP
>> sleep mode.

>> hx4700
>> mode

>> to add

>> values in

>> MFP_AF0 |

>>> Hello Igor,
>>>
>>> GPIO105_GPIO expands to a GPIO input -
>> MFP_CFG_IN(GPIO105, AF0) -
>>> not an output.
>>
>> Yeah, I know... but read in mfp-pxa2xx.h, lines 6-20:
>> /*
>>  * the following MFP_xxx bit definitions in mfp.h are
>> re-used for pxa2xx:
>>  *
>>  *  MFP_PIN(x)
>>  *  MFP_AFx
>>  *  MFP_LPM_DRIVE_{LOW, HIGH}
>>  *  MFP_LPM_EDGE_x
>>  *
>>  * other MFP_x bit definitions will be ignored
>>  *
>>  * and adds the below two bits specifically for pxa2xx:
>>  *
>>  * bit     23 - Input/Output (PXA2xx
>> specific)
>>  * bit     24 - Wakeup Enable(PXA2xx
>> specific)
>>  */
>>
>> This means, that there is no difference between: MFP_CFG_IN
>> and MFP_CFG_OUT for PXA2xx.
>
> The mfp-pxa2xx.c code says otherwise.

That's just great... outdated documentation...

> It uses the MFP direction bit
> to set the GPDR registers on entering sleep mode:
>
>    353	static int pxa2xx_mfp_suspend(void)
>    354	{
>    355		int i;
>    368		for (i = 0; i <= gpio_to_bank(pxa_last_gpio); i++) {
>    369
>    375			GPDR(i * 32) = gpdr_lpm[i];
>    376		}
>    377		return 0;
>    378	}
>
> gpdr_lpm[] is initialized at startup to the current GPDR values, and
> thereafter is updated by the value of the MFP_DIR_OUT bit in calls to
> __mfp_config_gpio().

static int __mfp_config_gpio(unsigned gpio, unsigned long c)
{
	unsigned long gafr, mask = GPIO_bit(gpio);
	int bank = gpio_to_bank(gpio);
	int uorl = !!(gpio & 0x10); /* GAFRx_U or GAFRx_L ? */
	int shft = (gpio & 0xf) << 1;
	int fn = MFP_AF(c);
	int is_out = (c & MFP_DIR_OUT) ? 1 : 0;

[...]

	/* alternate function and direction at low power mode */
	switch (c & MFP_LPM_STATE_MASK) {
	case MFP_LPM_DRIVE_HIGH:
		PGSR(bank) |= mask;
		is_out = 1;
		break;
	case MFP_LPM_DRIVE_LOW:
		PGSR(bank) &= ~mask;
		is_out = 1;
		break;

And in the lines above, it gets overridden by MFP_LPM_DRIVE_*,
or am I missing something?
[...]

	if (is_out ^ gpio_desc[gpio].dir_inverted)
		gpdr_lpm[bank] |= mask;
	else
		gpdr_lpm[bank] &= ~mask;

So, I think,
GPIO105_GPIO | MFP_LPM_DRIVE_HIGH,
as I've proposed in my first email, should still work for you.

--
Regards,
Igor.