[RFC/PATCH 4/4] pxa: convert to common clock framework

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Mon Mar 19 06:00:33 EDT 2012

On Monday 19 March 2012, Philipp Zabel wrote:

> Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.
>
> I'm a bit wary of adding so many clocks that just represent fixed
> hardware, especially with the amount of function calls needed.
> But describing the clock tree correctly appeals to my sense of order.
>
> What is the take of the PXA maintainers on this?
> Are there maybe plans to add device tree support for PXA?

Haojian Zhuang has been busy posting DT patches recently. The patches
ended up being too late for v3.4, but I expect the first set to get
submitted for arm-soc after the merge window has ended.

There is still some infrastructure work required, e.g. in the interrupt
controller, but things will be easier after -rc1 when the irqdomain and
clk support is merged.

	Arnd