[GIT PULL] [for v3.4] Pull request containing ux500 DT enablement

Lee Jones lee.jones at linaro.org
Sat Mar 17 04:49:58 EDT 2012

On 16/03/12 20:09, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Thursday 15 March 2012, Lee Jones wrote:
>> The following changes since commit fff9a13341312c8d0f06e04c1345e855528b03da:
>>
>>   ARM: ux500: CONFIG: Enable Device Tree support for future endeavours (2012-03-15 16:33:54 +0000)
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>   git://git.linaro.org/people/ljones/linux-3.0-ux500.git device-tree-snowball-ux500
>>
>> Arnd Bergmann (3):
>>       ARM: ux500: Initial Device Tree support for Snowball
>>       ARM: ux500: combine the board init functions for DT boot
>>       ARM: ux500: split dts file for snowball into generic part
>>
>> Lee Jones (5):
>>       ARM: ux500: db8500: list most devices in the snowball device tree
>>       ARM: ux500: Enable Cortex-A9 GIC (Generic Interrupt Controller) in Device Tree
>>       ARM: ux500: Enable PL011 AMBA UART Controller for Device Tree
>>       ARM: ux500: Enable PL310 Level 2 Cache Controller in Device Tree
>>       ARM: ux500: Enable PL022 SSP Controller in Device Tree
>
> I've pulled this into next/dt2, not next/dt for now. I had to rebase the patches
> as we discussed and then did some build tests to make sure nothing broke. I found
> one bug with your patches and CONFIG_OF disabled, which I fixed in the patch itself,

I did test the patch-set with CONFIG_OF disabled, but it looks like I
wasn't diligent enough to deselect CONFIG_MACH_UX500_DT, which selects
USE_OF.

Thanks for fixing though.

> and found some build warnings that you should take a look at in the for-next
> branch.

Okay, that patch is actually going in via the drivers/base tree. I have
a patch to fix the compile errors. It's only a single character change.
Can you apply it through your tree? I'll send it up to the ML and CC
Greg and yourself.

> Also the patch "CONFIG: Enable Device Tree support for future endeavours"
> seems essential for the entire series, so I applied it as well, along with
> your localtime patch.

Yes it is. It should have been part of the pull-request. That's my error
for rushing, sorry.

> I still think we can make it for v3.4, but I'll let this sit in linux-next for a
> few days longer than the other pull requests and if we find more problems it's out
> and gets postponed till v3.5.

I'm sure it will be fine now. :)

Kind regards,
Lee