[GIT PULL] ARM: OMAP: i2c, gpio, spi and regulator DTS updates

Cousson, Benoit b-cousson at ti.com
Wed Mar 14 19:38:13 EDT 2012

On 3/15/2012 12:21 AM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Cousson, Benoit<b-cousson at ti.com>  [120314 16:06]:
>> On 3/14/2012 11:57 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
>>> * Cousson, Benoit<b-cousson at ti.com>   [120314 15:52]:

>>> Sure, I'm not planning to pull this until after the merge
>>> window.
>>
>> OK, so we will not have the DTS support for the new drivers for 3.4 :-(
>
> Well you said this one has driver dependencies :)

Well, this is not a strong dependency, but it is still better to have
the driver adapted to use the DTS node.

What is really unfair is that I did remove the DTS from the driver
series to avoid conflict during merge of the various driver series. So
next time, I guess I'd rather let the DTS along with the driver, but
this is really a pity.

>> Well, if you pull that in a lo branch, that will be enough to base
>> the further work on it.
>
> Right we got something like seven branches ready to go for
> early merging after the merge window.. We should have patches
> sitting in linux-next for at least a week before the merge
> window opens.

I know that, but since it is just a bunch of DTS, none of them will
break anything in linux-next anyway...

>>> Hmm I don't follow. That's needed first as a fix for the
>>> merge window?
>>
>> No, not that one. It is just some more cleanup on top of the one
>> Felipe already did in the twl series I've just sent to Samuel.
>> But if you do not plan to pull that series for 3.4, that does not
>> really matter.
>
> Ah OK. In that case feel free to update. Also check if some
> of these can be sent as fixes during the -rc cycle?

No, that should be fine, this one can wait 3.5.

Regards,
Benoit