[GIT PULL] cpufreq: OMAP updates for v3.4

Grazvydas Ignotas notasas at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 13:38:38 EDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Kevin Hilman <khilman at ti.com> wrote:
> Grazvydas Ignotas <notasas at gmail.com> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>>> Russell King (1):
>>>      cpufreq: OMAP driver depends CPUfreq tables
>>
>> It seems this one got messed up, it says "default ARCH_OMAP2PLUS"
>> instead of depends.
>
> That was intentional.  What do you think is messed up about it?
>
> It's the same as saying:
>
>     depends on ARCH_OMAP2PLUS
>     default y

Hm, somehow I've never encountered this syntax, but it more looks like
it means "default y if ARCH_OMAP2PLUS" instead of that.

Checked this with menuconfig now:
  default ARCH_OMAP2PLUS
resolves to:
  ARCH_HAS_CPUFREQ [=y] && CPU_FREQ [=y] && ARM [=y]

..which might cause build break when OMAP is not selected, and

  depends on ARCH_OMAP2PLUS
  default y
resolves to:
  ARCH_HAS_CPUFREQ [=y] && CPU_FREQ [=y] && ARM [=y] && ARCH_OMAP2PLUS [=y]

..which should be randconfig friendly.

--
Gražvydas