[PULL] of nand generic binding

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Thu Mar 8 20:44:39 EST 2012

On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 07:43:30 -0600, Rob Herring <robherring2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/07/2012 02:29 AM, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:

> >> is it ok?
> > I need this for 3.4
> >
> > will you apply it or can I apply it via AT91
>
> Looks fine to me and Grant acked it, so go ahead and take with your at91
> branch.

Actually, taking another look at the of_mtd patch, that stuff really
belongs in the drivers/mtd directory.  I'm not nacking the patch, but
you should send a follow up to move it into the correct place.

I don't like the of_property_read_bool patch.  I don't want the
of_property_read_ functions to mix data return and error codes.
Either return a bool with an error code in the parameter list, or the
other way around.  Otherwise we'll end up with the same problem as
APIs that use the ERR_PTR() pattern where callers will use it without
understanding that the return value isn't necessarily a bool.

g.

> Rob
>

> > Best Regards,
> > J.