Current state of AM33xx patches

Yegor Yefremov yegor_sub1 at visionsystems.de
Fri Jun 29 09:54:04 EDT 2012

Am 28.06.2012 17:09, schrieb Daniel Mack:
> On 27.06.2012 14:13, Hiremath, Vaibhav wrote:
>
>> Just to clarify from AM335x perspective,
>>
>> In case of AM335x, since the patches and complete BasePort support is still
>> not present in the Mainline (neither in Linus's tree not in linux-omap), you
>> need to use my Repo (https://github.com/hvaibhav: Closely follows linux-
>> omap/master) in order to test something on BeagleBone platform.
>
> Great, that is the information I've been looking for.
>
> Your am335x-upstream-staging branch works for me on a custom AM335x
> based board using a custom DT config.
>
> I'll dig through the sources and come back once I know which parts are
> missing.

Do you have LCD screen attached? I need a functioning framebuffer driver. So far if I start x-server I get various errors:

(EE) FBDEV(0): internal error: miCreateDefColormap failed in FBDevScreenInit()

and before this error there was FB_BLANK_NORMAL option missing in drivers/video/da8xx-fb.c. That's why I think that the current driver is not really production ready.

Best regards,
Yegor