i.MX28 die temperature

Juergen Beisert jbe at pengutronix.de
Tue Jun 26 04:12:13 EDT 2012

Hi Marek,

Marek Vasut wrote:
> [...]
> > > Take a look at: http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-iio/msg04345.html
> >
> > Any progress here with inclusion in some git tree?
>
> Well ... I recently raised from the dead. It's on the schedule, obviously
> help is welcome.

I tried a little bit with your driver. The disadvantage I see is, its claims
all the free AD channels. But a few of them can also act as a touchscreen
controller. Shouldn't be the driver handle the channel usage dynamically?
Also this AD module on the SoC can measure the die temperature, battery
voltage and some other power supplies.
I see more than one framework this driver should connect to: simple ADC (IIO),
touchscreen controller (INPUT), die temp (POWER?), various voltages (POWER?
REGULATOR?). Should it be a multi function device?

Juergen

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Juergen Beisert             |
Linux Solutions for Science and Industry      | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |