MMC: commit dba3c29 ruins mmc card data on beagle-xm revB

Paolo Pisati p.pisati at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 07:51:42 EDT 2012

On 06/20/2012 09:23 AM, T Krishnamoorthy, Balaji wrote:

>> i just want to say that i'm affected by this too, and i can reproduce it
>> 100%.
>>

> Is it with SD or MMC card
> Can you provide Beagle board rev info?

kingston 4g class 4 sdhc c04g taiwan

tested on a beagle xm rev a and rev c, both boards exhibit the same
problem with this card, while with a brand new sandisk 16gb sdhc class 4
card, everything is ok.

i tried reverting dba3c29 "Enable Auto CMD12", and both cards are
behaving fine.

>> do you want me to run that patch or you already have enough data?
>
> Can you enable MMC debug and apply the debug patch I provided.
> The debug patch did not print any AUTOCMD errors with Ming Lei setup.

http://people.canonical.com/~ppisati/mmc-testing/

test-mmc.sh: script used for testing

test-mmc.log: md5sum of file copied around (as you can see after the
umount the md5 changes)

test-mmc.syslog: mmc-debug output (plus your patch)

after the test, my sd card was so badly wounded that it wouldn't even boot.
--
bye,
p.