[RFC 0/3] Add cyclic DMA support to OMAP DMA engine driver

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Fri Jun 22 04:59:11 EDT 2012

These three patches add support for returning the residue and cyclic DMA
support to the OMAP DMA engine driver.

As v3.5-rc is horribly broken on my OMAP platforms, I've had to back out
all the sound/soc/omap changes from the last merge window to test this,
inspite of Peter Ujfalusi maintaining that there is nothing wrong.  I
can't get working audio support on the OMAP4430SDP any other way.

I am planning no further work on this until OMAP ASoC support gets fixed;
due to Peter and my plans this summer, this is likely to be late July/
August time.

This does not implement all of the weird and wonderfully different DMA
setups which the OMAP ASoC driver appears to support (do we need soo much
flexibility?) but it does support whatever is required for my OMAP4430SDP
board.

These patches apply on top of the previously posted series of DMA patches.

I will be merging at least some of these down into the "dmaengine: add
OMAP DMA engine driver" commit at some point.