[Patch v5 08/13] ARM: imx6q: add config-on-boot gpios

Chen Peter-B29397 B29397 at freescale.com
Wed Jun 20 21:32:47 EDT 2012

> I haven't been following the thread, but just noticed it. Very similar
> things (DT nodes for probed devices) are coming up quite a bit recently,
> for example:
>
> Re: Where to power on the wifi device before loading the driver.
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg180368.html
>
> dt: rfkill-gpio: add bindings documentation
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-tegra/msg03977.html
>
> I wonder if there's any kind of infra-structure or standardized bindings
> that would be useful here?

Hi Stephen,
For your suggestion:

sdhci at 78000000 {
	compatible = "nvidia,tegra30-sdhci", "nvidia,tegra20-sdhci";
	reg = <0x78000000 0x200>;
	interrupts = <0 14 0x04>;

	sdio-device {
		reset-gpios = <...>;
		enable-gpios = <...>;
	};
};

I have a question, if reset-gpio or enable-gpio is not set, how bus (sd or usb) know
it is a sdio device as the wifi is not powered on at the time, it will not response host's
command,  the hub at usb bus is the same.