[Patch v5 08/13] ARM: imx6q: add config-on-boot gpios

Shawn Guo shawn.guo at linaro.org
Wed Jun 20 11:05:05 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 09:29:39AM -0500, Rob Herring wrote:
> I mean just something like "fsl,hub-reset-gpios" in the ehci device
> node. It's at least under a usb node. Whether the ehci driver handles
> this or you just have a separate piece of code to find this property and
> setup the gpio is up to you.

I ever had an argument on this.  If we have "fsl,hub-reset-gpios"
defined in ehci device node, it should simply be ehci driver who needs
to find this property and set up the gpio.  Defining the property in
ehci device node while having platform code to find the property just
seems wired to me.  That said, if it's not ehci driver who will use
the property, we should not define the property in in ehci device node.

--
Regards,
Shawn