Converting kirkwood-goflexnet to DTS

Josh Coombs josh.coombs at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 18:55:32 EDT 2012

>> What I did this morning:
>>
>> make
>> make kirkwood-goflexnet.dtb
>> cat arch/arm/boot/kirkwood-goflexnet.dtb >> arch/arm/boot/zImage
>> make uImage
>>
>> That resulted in: http://pastie.org/4092019
>>
> [   18.294288] [<c055f99c>] (kirkwood_init+0x50/0x7c) from [<c056023c>] (goflexnet_init+0x8/0x7c)
>
> seems wrong. You don't have to call kirkwood_init() in DT case afaik.
>
> Arnaud

You're correct Arnaud, chalk that up to another rookie mistake on my
part.  So close now.  Correcting goflexnet_init, I now only get one
bit of noise during init, seems to be related to cfq?  The kernel sees
my drives and volumes, but it's still not proceeding to mount a rootfs
and proceed with the boot.

http://pastie.org/4095067

My next line of thought is to tweak my kernel conf so I'm just using
noop, and to specify my rootfs as a compiled in kernel arg to see if
there is something going on with how uboot args are getting passed on.
 I'd expect it to complain about a missing rootfs if it wasn't getting
that string but I'm not sure how else to verify correct behavior.

Josh C