Converting kirkwood-goflexnet to DTS

Josh Coombs josh.coombs at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 09:28:24 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Jason Cooper <jason at lakedaemon.net> wrote:

> I would recommend looking at how we did the first board, the dreamplug.
> Files of interest are:
>
> arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood.dtsi
> arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-dreamplug.dts
> arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/board-dt.c
> arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/board-dreamplug.c
> arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/Kconfig
> arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/Makefile
> arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/Makefile.boot
>
> commit 3d468b6 seems to be a good place to start.
>
> For your first patch series, use the dtb to tell the kernel what board
> it is on.  Once that's working, then you just start coverting over
> drivers one by one.  Several are already done.
>
> hth,
>
> Jason.

First pass didn't boot, no kernel messages.  I'm going to go through
the ArchLinux ARM superpatch to see if there are any items not
directly pegged to the GoFlex that might be involved next, as well as
cutting my conf down to just what's needed for the GFN to cut down my
build times.  While I'm doing that, what do I NEED to configure for
proper DTS support?

CONFIG_ARCH_KIRKWOOD=y

CONFIG_ARCH_KIRKWOOD_DT=y
CONFIG_MACH_DREAMPLUG_DT=n