[RFC 3/4] ARM: topology: Update cpu_power according to DT information

Peter Zijlstra peterz at infradead.org
Wed Jun 13 08:47:46 EDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-06-13 at 18:14 +0530, Amit Kucheria wrote:
> Various discussions around power-aware scheduling have amplified the
> need for the scheduler to have some knowledge of DVFS. This would then
> require the scheduler to track 'cpu_power' ( = max power) and perhaps
> a new variable 'current_power' that is changed by the DVFS framework.

Note that capacity is in fact a better term -- not to be confused with
the capacity as currently in use within the load-balancer. Luckily
there's no way to read that an not be confused.. uhmm :-)

> The first goal, though, is to make sure that the scheduler can handle
> different cpu_power values due to asymmetric cores.

I would think the very first goal was to do a simple packing balancer
before doing silly things with asymmetric setups.. but what do I know.