Freescale fec.c driver breakage

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Tue Jun 5 09:24:29 EDT 2012

On 06/05/2012 10:48 PM, Sascha Hauer wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 10:17:02PM +1000, Greg Ungerer wrote:
>>
>>> clkdev
>>> provides an abstraction which can map these onto the platform, even if
>>> you don't use the generic clk API clkdev is still very useful and will
>>> help with a lot of these issues.
>>
>> In this specific case I don't know what the ipg or ahb clocks are on iMX
>> (Sascha?), but there is nothing equivalent to them in the FEC cores used
>> on existing ColdFire CPUs. They seem to be platform specific (iMX) more
>> than FEC driver specific.
>
> I am sure the Coldfire FEC also needs clocks to work. Just like Mark
> said, they may be not software controllable. The names 'ipg' and 'ahb'
> may be i.MX specific though.

Well, yeah, of course there are clocks involved. But you pretty much
hit the point here. 'ipg' and 'ahb' here are platform specific.

Regards
Greg

Greg Ungerer  --  Principal Engineer        EMAIL:     gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear Group, McAfee                      PHONE:       +61 7 3435 2888
8 Gardner Close,                            FAX:         +61 7 3891 3630
Milton, QLD, 4064, Australia                WEB: http://www.SnapGear.com