pinctrl: group/pin identity mapping

Grégor Boirie gregor.boirie at parrot.com
Mon Jun 4 03:57:18 EDT 2012

Hi,

Many thanks for your answers.

One more point which may be of interest. We have a few IPs which have
the ability to multiplex their own outputs to chip pins/pads...
Considering this, I'd like to avoid misconfigurations between drivers
(for IPs outputs) and platform pinctrl level while keeping source
verbosity to a minimum.

It seems to me the simplest way to achieve this, is to enforce a direct
group/pin mapping at pinctrl level and perform complex multiplexing
inside the IP/driver (since it is needed any way).
As far as I understand, this is the most flexible approach for us and
allow to address every single setup future boards would require without
breaking existing platform/pinctrl implementation.

Thanks again for having shared your views. Regards,
Grégor

--
Grégor Boirie
Software engineer