Kernel 3.4 on Dreamplug: no serial console

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Sun Jun 3 13:12:18 EDT 2012

On Sunday 03 June 2012, Adam Baker wrote:
> As there are now two of us who have been tripped up by this does anyone think
> the untested patch below is
>
> a) worthwhile

yes

> b) likely to be acceptable

no

> c) likely to work

yes

> It feels wrong to be putting something arch specific in such general code but
> setting it as a default is cleaner than trying to select it from
> ARCH_KIRKWOOD_DT because default respects depends lines.

Just put it into the kirkwood_defconfig file, that is the cleanest approach by
far. We might still get a few people who run into this problem when updating,
but in the long run it will be ok.

I'd also accept a patch to make ARCH_KIRKWOOD_DT select OF_SERIAL if people
prefer that, but I think just changing the defconfig is better.

	Arnd