PXA 26x GPIO possible regression in kernel 3.3 and newer

Damian Czarnecki dczarn at o2.pl
Sat Jul 28 12:56:42 EDT 2012

Paul Parsons <lost.distance <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Hello Damian,
>
> That sounds familiar. In 3.3 the number of PXA builtin GPIOs
> (PXA_NR_BUILTIN_GPIO) was increased from 128 to 192.
> Consequently the board GPIO numbers all increased by 64.
> On the iPAQ hx4700 that had the effect of pushing EGPIO
> numbers from 192-199 to 256-263, beyond the 256 maximum.
>
> The fix is to set ARCH_NR_GPIO in arch/arm/Kconfig to a
> higher maximum (for example, the iPAQ hx4700 sets 264).
>
> Regards,
> Paul

Thank you for taking your time to reply, Paul.
Yes, I remember reading about that change in kernel 3.3.
I tried almost every value that I thought may be correct
(but even the default 256 should be enough).
As I said, only the PXA GPIOs don't seem to work.
Another strange thing is that I managed to read a line:
"NR_IRQS: 16 nr_irqs: 358" early on boot.
This is suspicious, because on kernel 3.2 and lower
this is "NR_IRQS: 288 nr_irqs: 358".

I don't have any more ideas about that.