PXA 26x GPIO possible regression in kernel 3.3 and newer

Paul Parsons lost.distance at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 28 10:07:15 EDT 2012

Hello Damian,

That sounds familiar. In 3.3 the number of PXA builtin GPIOs
(PXA_NR_BUILTIN_GPIO) was increased from 128 to 192.
Consequently the board GPIO numbers all increased by 64.
On the iPAQ hx4700 that had the effect of pushing EGPIO
numbers from 192-199 to 256-263, beyond the 256 maximum.

The fix is to set ARCH_NR_GPIO in arch/arm/Kconfig to a
higher maximum (for example, the iPAQ hx4700 sets 264).

Regards,
Paul