remoteproc: Load coprocessor code to the specific main memory location

Ohad Ben-Cohen ohad at wizery.com
Wed Jan 25 11:24:28 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Michal Simek <monstr at monstr.eu> wrote:
> I started with pur vanilla kernel and patches from your tree
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ohad/remoteproc.git
> for-next branch
> but then I had to moved to for-next-acked-merged because in the origin
> one were some problems.

Unlike for-next-acked-merged, the other branches aren't rebased and
therefore have merge conflicts with 3.3 material; that's intentional.

> Do you have any kernel tree with CMA just for sure?

Not a 3.3-based one, so I recommend you to just merge Marek's branch directly.

I'll soon create a full-fledged 3.3 branch though, so you may want to
wait a bit until I get to it.

> What do you use for firmware replacing?
> Just remove kernel module and load different one?

If your driver boots the remote core on its ->probe() handler, then
yes, you need to unbind and bind the device.

One way is to unload and load the driver, but you can also use the
bind/unbind sysfs files of your driver (echo -n device-name >
/sys/..../{un}bind).

Regards,
Ohad.