imx53

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Thu Jan 19 01:09:14 EST 2012

David,

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 05:19:32PM -0500, David Lynch Jr. wrote:
> Linus's tree does not yet include numerous imx53 drivers.  While I can
> get it to boot, there is lots of hardware that does not work.

Which drivers do you need?

> Freescale and others are doing imx53 driver work and most drivers are
> available somewhere, though I have not found them all in the same
> place.

That's the reason development for the mainline is done here on ALKML,
with the aim to get everything into the mainline if possible.

> Regardless, I am just looking for an appropriate reference/starting
> point.
>
> What would be the normal route for i.MX53 work into the kernel ?

Start with Linus' top-of-tree, discuss what you have found here on the
list (before start coding), follow the coding rules and discuss the
patches here. Don't forget to set kernel at pengutronix.de on Cc:.

Robert