MX28 fec clock frequency

Peter Rusko rusko.peter at prolan.hu
Mon Jan 9 09:07:44 EST 2012

On 2012-01-08 04:32, Shawn Guo wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 12:08:51PM +0100, Peter Rusko wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to get the fec clock frequency on the i.MX28 processor. I0
>> need it for a PTP clock and it seems that I get a wrong value:
>> clk_get_rate returns 151578947.
>>

> The ptp clock (CLK_ENET_TIME) was missed from the initial imx28 clock
> support.  The fec_clk which is one child of hbus_clk (151 MHz) is
> taken as MDIO clock in fec driver.

I'm working on a ptp driver now and I can't deal with the clock.

I've added the CLK_ENET_TIME clock and set it to 40MHz. It should give a
25ns period for the counter in ptp. However the ptp clock is too slow.

If i increase the number (up to the maximum, which is 0x7f), the clock
is still slower then normal. It's like the CLK_ENET_TIME frequency is
less then I think. What can be the problem?

I've attached a patch.

Regards,
--
Ruskó Péter
Fejlesztőmérnök

Prolan Zrt. / Prolan Co.
Hungary 2011 Budakalász, Szentendrei út 1-3.
Tel./Phone: +36 20 954 3118
Fax: +36 26 540 420
E-mail: rusko.peter at prolan.hu
Web: www.prolan.hu