[PATCH v5 0/9] Consolidate cpuidle functionality
rob.lee at linaro.org
Sun Feb 26 23:47:34 EST 2012
This patch series moves vaious functionality duplicated in platform
cpuidle drivers to the core cpuidle driver. Also, the platform irq
disabling was removed as it appears that all calls into
cpuidle_call_idle will have already called local_irq_disable().
Based on 3.3-rc5 plus recent exynos cpuidle patch:
v4 submission can be found here:
Changes since v4:
* Added common cpu_do_idle function to core cpuidle
* Added time keep irq en wrapper to core cpuidle
* Removed pre/post enter
* Re-added platforms that can use new common code.
v3 submission can be found here:
Changes since v3:
* Removed drivers/cpuidle/common.c
** Removed the initialization helper functions
** Removed the wrapper used to consolidate time keeping and irq enable/disable
* Add time keeping and local_irq_disable handling in cpuidle_call_idle().
* Made necessary modifications to a few platforms that required the most changes
** Note on omap3: changed structure of omap3_idle_drvdata and added
per_next_state and per_saved_state vars to accomodate new framework.
v2 submission can be found here:
Changes since v2:
* Made various code organization and style changes as suggested in v1 review.
* Removed at91 use of common code. A separate effort is underway to clean
at91 code and the author has offered to convert to common interface as part
of those changes (if this common interface is accepted in time).
* Made platform cpuidle_driver objects __initdata and dynamically added one
persistent instance of this object in common code.
* Removed imx5 pm usage of gpc_dvfs clock as it is no longer needed after
being enabled during clock initialization.
* Re-organized patches.
v1 submission can be found here:
Changes since v1:
* Common interface moved to drivers/cpuidle and made non arch-specific.
* Made various fixes and suggested additions to the common cpuidle
code from v1 review.
* Added callback for filling in driver_data field as needed.
* Modified the various platforms with these changes.
Robert Lee (9):
cpuidle: Add commonly used functionality for consolidation
SH: shmobile: cpuidle consolidation
ARM: omap: Consolidate OMAP3 cpuidle time keeping and irq enable
ARM: omap: Consolidate OMAP4 cpuidle time keeping and irq enable
ARM: shmobile: Consolidate cpuidle functionality
ARM: davinci: Consolidate cpuidle functionality
ARM: exynos: Consolidate cpuidle functionality
ARM: kirkwood: Consolidate cpuidle functionality
ARM: at91: Consolidate cpuidle functionality
arch/arm/mach-at91/cpuidle.c | 64 +++++++++------------------
arch/arm/mach-davinci/cpuidle.c | 77 +++++++++++++--------------------
arch/arm/mach-exynos/cpuidle.c | 52 ++--------------------
arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/cpuidle.c | 71 +++++++++----------------------
arch/arm/mach-omap2/cpuidle34xx.c | 43 ++++++++-----------
arch/arm/mach-omap2/cpuidle44xx.c | 21 +--------
arch/arm/mach-shmobile/cpuidle.c | 22 +---------
arch/sh/kernel/cpu/shmobile/cpuidle.c | 10 +---
drivers/cpuidle/cpuidle.c | 37 +++++++++------
include/linux/cpuidle.h | 55 +++++++++++++++++++++++
10 files changed, 180 insertions(+), 272 deletions(-)
More information about the linux-arm-kernel