mc13xxx: add I2C support

Samuel Ortiz sameo at linux.intel.com
Mon Feb 20 11:50:53 EST 2012

Hi Marc,

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 06:55:35PM +1100, Marc Reilly wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thankyou all for your feedback and comments. I'll use them for a V2 but
> Samuel, I'd like to know if you'd like me to base them on a specific branch
> before I do.
Please rebase it against my for-next branch.

> Shawn, thanks for testing!
>
> On Thursday, January 19, 2012 10:29:41 PM Mark Brown wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 12:12:31PM +0100, Arnaud Patard wrote:
> > > I've never looked at regmap deeply but can't it be done with regmap or is
> > > it just a bad idea ?
> >
> > Glancing quickly at the existing code it should map on reasonably well,
> > though a new format definition may be required for the 25 bit shift that
> > would be trivial.
>
> I'm sadly unfamiliar with regmap, is it a far superior solution? does it need
> to used now? (ie. I'm relucant to totally rework this now. Please convince me
> I need to if required.)
I think Mark exposed the advantages of using regmap. It's not a mandatory API
usage at that point, but since we still have about 4 weeks before the next
merge window opens, and since the changes wouldn't be a huge piece of work,
I'd recommend switching to it now.

Cheers,
Samuel.

--