ARM tracehook support

Wade Farnsworth wade_farnsworth at mentor.com
Mon Feb 20 10:37:57 EST 2012

Hi all,

A few months back, Steven Walter posted some patches that implemement
syscall tracing support for ARM:

http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/lurker/message/20111129.162812.bd17d9b5.en.html#linux-arm-kernel

I've been working on SystemTap support for ARM, and the tracehook patch
in particular is interesting in that respect.  With that patch applied,
it would allow utrace to be supported on ARM, which is necessary for
userspace stap probes to function properly.

 From what testing I've done, the patches don't appear to be harmful.
So, I'm wondering what's preventing this from being pushed into
mainline?  Are there still outstanding issues that need to be addressed?
  I'd be happy to help solve them if it would help this patch get into
mainline quicker.

Thanks in advance!

Wade Farnsworth